The wait is over and we are delighted to officially announce the opening of the 2018 Impact applications!
First things first, we would like to share the main characteristics of our unique accelerator program and the new format we offer this year.
Impact USA, an established program with a solid track record
Started in 2014 in San Francisco, then launched in New York in 2016, Impact USA is an accelerator program for high-growth French tech startups ready to successfully launch and scale on the U.S. market.
Impact USA has been named by CB Insights the most active accelerator for French startups in the U.S. (Q1 2017). Our objective has remained the same since 2014: guiding in their U.S. market entry French startups with a global ambition and huge potential.
What’s new with Impact?
For this 2018 edition, we will offer 2 sessions in 2 cities: Spring and Fall, both in New York and San Francisco.
The French Tech ecosystem is growing at an unbelievable pace. More and more startups with the potential for global leadership are trying to expand their footprint in the U.S. Addressing this growing demand, the Impact team has worked hard to offer in every city one more session – with a continuous application process.
12 startups will be selected for the Spring session (April to June 2018). The San Francisco campus will be hosting up to 7 startups while New York City’s will host 5. Following the selection by our jury – renowned VCs and successful entrepreneurs from both Silicon Valley and Silicon Alley -, the program will kick off with a remote but intensive 6-week coaching period, starting off with a 2-day bootcamp in Paris. Impact’s concept is simple, we’re enabling your startup to accomplish in 10 weeks what would take a year if you do it on your own.
Stéphane Alisse, Founder and Managing Director of Impact USA, explains the change: « Time-to-market being critical for companies launching in America, Impact is now available twice a year, allowing more startups to accelerate throughout the year.”
The format has changed, but the standard of excellence has not. In fact, the program keeps on improving year after year. Here is a brief overview of our achievements after four years of running Impact:
- 80% of alumni are now established in the U.S.
- Over $132+M raised either during or following Impact
- Over 200 sales contracts signed with American companies thanks to Impact
- 50% more jobs were created either in France or in the U.S.
Ask our Alumni
Just how helpful was Impact in their U.S expansion? Alumni of the 2017 batch say it even better than we do:
- David Bessis, CEO @ Tinyclues: “Impact is the only program that offers a deep dive in the U.S. market with minimal risks and a strong ROI.”
- Fabrice Tocco, CEO @ Dawex: “We were really ambitious about the U.S. market when we applied for Impact USA, but we probably wouldn’t be at this stage today if we hadn’t gone through the program”.
- Grégory Veret, Co-Founder and CEO @ Xooloo: “Impact really changed the life of my company, the program was above my expectations! If we hadn’t done Impact, we would have come to the U.S….but we would be dead.”
When and how to apply?
The deadline to submit your application is January 5th, 2018. The application form is available here. The application package includes: a questionnaire, a marketing presentation, a 2 min video and product demo. One more thing: if you apply for the first session but you’re not selected by the jury, your application can still be reevaluated for our 2nd batch, from October to December!
Are you ready to inscribe your name among our long list of alumni who are now established in the U.S?