Impact is the new name for ubi i/o, the acceleration program launched by Business France and Bpifrance in 2014 in San Francisco.
Our vision has always been to build a global platform for French startups that have the ambition to become global. From Day 1, we’ve chosen a small-scale approach, working with a limited number of companies and growing step by step. We first started in San Francisco, and then added a campus in New York City. After three successful editions in the USA, our program is now expanding its footprint in China, and will add other campuses beyond 2017.
Our new brand shows our ambition: having a strong Impact on French startups’ international expansion.
A proven track record
Year after year, the achievements of our alumni prove our vision and drive our ambition. Among the latest events:
- Evercontact, a 2015 alumnus, has been acquired by One More Company (maker of Senders) last August, bringing together two highly innovative email intelligence companies that will boost the growth of current products while also streamlining future innovation.
- Redbird, which graduated in 2016, just announced its acquisition by Andreessen Horowitz-backed Airware, providing customers with the combined power of Redbird’s industry-specific analytics and Airware’s enterprise-focused workflow, compliance, and security features that Fortune 500 companies are using to scale drone operations. Together, Airware and Redbird provide the most complete offering for construction sites, mines, and quarries to help digitize and optimize operations.
We’re honored to be part of both of these stories, and just as proud of the steady efficiency Impact has demonstrated batch after batch:
- 82% of our alumni are now established in the U.S.
- $66M raised by graduated companies
- 200+ sales contracts signed from leads generated by Impact
Business France and Bpifrance now aim to extend this track record to new markets, while still innovating and improving their platform in the U.S.!
Impact USA 2017 will select 18 startups for its 10-week on site program (Apr. 17th – June 23th), preceded by a 10-week remote preparation (starting early February). Ten of the selected companies will be incubated in San Francisco while the other 8 will be based in New York City.
When launching in the U.S., most companies waste a significant amount of time and money understanding the dynamics of the local market, designing the right go-to-market strategy, getting familiar with their new ecosystem, setting up their organization, etc. With the support of its local network, the Impact team gives you all the necessary tools to be operational quickly, kick start your business development and increase your visibility locally.
Impact USA allows French startups to accomplish in 10 weeks what would normally take you more than a year when launching in the U.S. Our acceleration program, unique of its kind, tackles four challenges that most companies face during their market entry:
- Adopting a marketing strategy tailored to the American market: 10 weeks before your arrival, we’ll help you design an action plan that we’ll execute throughout the program and beyond. You will receive personalized coaching specifically tailored to your marketing (offering, positioning, pitching and storytelling) with experts who’ve helped many of today’s well known tech leaders (Apple, Adobe Systems, Cisco Systems, Dell Computers, etc).
We will choose the appropriate experts in our lineup of 70+ mentors to help address the most critical issues for your development: growth strategy, fundraising, product development, legal and fiscal strategies, resource management, etc.
- Becoming a well-known player within your local ecosystem: Impact brings together a network of some of the most influential members of the tech community, both in New York and San Francisco. Every week you will be featured at highly visible pitching and networking events.
- Engaging in and closing new business deals: Depending on your specific needs, we will define together the most appropriate strategy to build and grow your commercial pipeline in America. We will then build together a tailor-made program of meetings with potential clients and/or strategic partners. Since 2014, more than 200 U.S. sales contracts have been secured, thanks to the leads generated by Impact.
- Facilitating the setup of your local operations: If not well prepared and executed, logistics of your local setup can be a real hassle and make you waste a considerable amount of time.
We’ll make sure you anticipate every step, and have access to all appropriate resources for fast and efficient ops. To facilitate your establishment in the U.S. and your operational development, Impact provides a workspace located in the heart of the city throughout the program, as well as $110,000 worth of credit from program partners in cloud hosting, storage credits, etc.
Starting Oct. 6 until Dec. 2, 2016, apply to Impact USA 2017! A jury composed of renowned US-based VCs and entrepreneurs will handpick the 18 happy few.