Day two was a busy one at ubi i/o headquarters with the eight start-ups setting up shop and getting to work! They spent the day:
- Refining their pitches with Laura Elmore @Market Engage
- Strategizing with their trade advisors for the next 9 weeks of ubi i/o
- preparing for the ubi i/o kickoff soirée to be hosted tonight, Wednesday May 7th
— ubi i/o (@ubi_io) 6 Mai 2014
At lunch time, ubi i/o presented a panel of three successful entrepreneurs who work for startups and live in Silicon Valley:
- Indy Sen, Platform Evangelist @Box
- Alex Deve, CEO @Whitetruffle
- Athur Bodelec, Co-founder & Product Manager @Feedly
The panel discussed tips and tricks for common entrepreneurial challenges, and provided advice on managing them in the context of working in the US and Silicon Valley. They also provided suggestions on approaching cultural differences and on handling competition in the tech ecosystem. The panel’s imput spurred an energetic discussion between ubi i/o’s participants and the panelists around interpreting the language of American business meetings, networking “smart”, and responding to and delivering on customer feedback.
The kick off soirée taking place tonight, Wednesday May 7th, will give the start-ups the opportunity to give their first pitch in the US in front of an audience of over 100 Silicon Valley actors (entrepreneurs, investors, tech giants, etc…).